Owen at first did not talk about the matter to anyone but his close friends, stating that the Russians don't want their problems to be known outside and to also preserve the respect for the athletes.
The problems began back in 2010 when most of the athletes stopped writing to him. The athletes also deleted him as an online friend as well as the references to his websites from their online profiles. Allan became worried and tried to know what went wrong but they never responded. The athletes who were affected were the senior gymnasts who were competing at that time but gymnasts such as Anastasia Grishina, Anastasia Sidrova, Anna Pavlova and Diana Sapranova weren't affected.However Allan decided to keep the website while trying to contact the Gymnastics Federation.
Eventually Elena Koroleva, Director of International Relation of the Gymnastics Federation sent a complaint to Allan demanding an explanation on why he established official websites without permission of the Federation despite the site being originally endorsed by the athletes themselves as well as being their personal sites that have no affiliation with the federation.
According to Allan, the Sports Gymnastics Federation initiated a conspiracy to commit fraud and sent a letter to him announcing that the athletes signed a formal letter to them requesting having his websites closed.
"I never run a website for an athlete who doesn't want it. An official website is only official when endorsed" said AllanIts is believed that Koroleva deleted his sites after two years of dedication . Allan then tried to verify the letter but the athletes ignored his request except two time Olympic silver medalist Viktoria Komova who said that the Federation never talked to her about the sites. Tatiana Nabieva's coach said Tatiana loves the websites and want them to remain online and that she loves the new designs on her site. Olympic silver medalist Anastasia Grishina learned that the real reason behind the Federation wanting to delete his sites is wanting to create their own websites in the future.
After knowing that Allan decided to restore his websites and Tatiana and Olympic champion Aliya Mustafina showed their support by rejoining the Facebook groups of their sites. Within a week The Federation had
their attorney send Allan a letter demanding him to close the sites and to stop contacting the gymnasts. Allan then lost all his contact with gymnasts.
Komova's father said that his daughter supports his sites and doesn't understand why would the Federation oppose it.
Rodionenko tried to trick Allan into thinking that the chairman of the Gymnastics Federation and VTB bank was behind this but failed. Rodionenko got angry and it became all clear that it was him behind this.
"Too personal" and "Not creating a site for the men's team" were the reasons Rodionenko claimed that were behind not wanting the sites. Allan later discovered that Rodionenko doesn't like Allan or his sites.
The Federation constructed a new site Russiangymnastics.ru which Grishina previously warned Allan about. Allan filed a law suit against them to get them shut down the site and he won it but few parents argued him to dismiss the case and he indeed dismissed it.Over time it became clear that the athletes and the staff don't want their controversies to be in public.
Allan lost contact to all the coaches and parents so the sites won't be official anymore.
"Although it has been done in a cruel and unjust manner, I'ver been forced to retire from running Russian gymnastics websites, and move on with my life to new goals. When my family paid to bring me back home, it was done on one condition which is stop my support for the Russian gymnasts"Allan states that he is very proud of what he has done for the athletes for the past four years
"In short, my websites are a huge success, people respect and value the sites and return to them often to learn the latest news of their favorite athletes"Allan added that when Aliya torn her ACL, Allan brought to her over 200 letters and 3 DVD's of montages which Aliya read and watched and thanked the fans in a TV interview.
Allan at the end announced that the Rodionenkos won adding that the Sports Federation has had the parents cut off all contact with him and any channels of endorsements are now gone and he simply can't run them anymore.
"Everyone, the reason I'm being punished by Andrei is because i have been successful in promoting Russian gymnastics without the support of the Federation. This is why Andrei won't work with me. He never wanted me to succeed. so every time i pointed out all that i have accomplished for the team in my letters to him, it made it worse.I am supposed to fail and disappear."Here Allan answers your questions
1. Why aren’t you on Facebook anymore?There have been a lot of people, because Vika, Aliya, and the team stopped being friends with me that believe I’ve been running fake official sites. They’ve complained and attack me online. But I knew they supported me so I ignored them. My greatest hope was to go to Round Lake and get photos with the gymnasts, and to have a working relationship with Andrei, forgetting the past, so they can freely support me again. Since I failed, those haters felt this proves I’ve been lying. It’s devastating, so I avoid Facebook to avoid the hatemail. Also, to move on from Russian gymnastics, I need to start with a new facebook account later. This FAQ covers questions from complaints actually.2. What will happen to the fanmail I sent you?It’s going to be sent to Vitaly Mutko, the Minister of Sport for the Russian Federation in a package already being prepared for him. I will personally ask that he ensure that the letters get delivered to Aliya and Vika. I’ll ask him to let me know when they are delivered, so I can announce something. It’s being included in a package containing court records showing the gymnasts continued support, along with several parents and coaches, after the federation claimed the athletes opposed the sites. The records are sealed in a U.S. Federal Court, but will be sent to him for review.3. Whoa, what does the court have to do with it?The websites the federation established exist and are hosted in Texas, and amounts to fraud in the USA, so the U.S. has jurisdiction. But ultimately, it was dismissed by request of several parents that were afraid of the impact it would have on the athletes.4. But Andrei certainly can decide whom the athletes can and can’t talk to in his facility!Yes. But he can’t take advantage of it by imposing false speech. That’s censorship and fraud. The motives of the federation were malicious.5. Are you really going to close the sites and move on to new goals?I’ll keep an interest in Russian gymnastics, but I won’t be actively involved in promoting the sport anymore online.6. Why is it a requirement that you be online friends with them?I’ve always required sufficient access to send messages to them, and since I’m not paid, it’s fair that I focus on helping athletes that appreciate my work. That’s really it.7. The athletes are free not to like you sites! It’s not “bad moral values”!True, they are free not to and to withdraw their endorsement. There’s nothing wrong with this. But when people place a lot of time into supporting you, and you don’t want their help, they are entitled to some reasonable notice. If you don’t, you are exploiting them. Don’t let others help you if you won’t appreciate their work. Everyone wants to be respected and appreciated for what they do. So as it applies here, it’s the perception that not only does Aliya, Vika, and Tanya complain about me and not want my help, it’s that they never ask me to not help them or send a farewell message. They can easily announce they don’t need my help anymore if they truly don’t. But remember… this is not reality, they are forced to behave this way!8. Is there anything that can convince you to return your websites online? We will miss them and all of the updates!To help people for years, and years, only to be blacklisted and receive the Cold Shoulder from them continuously makes it feel like you are not appreciated and it hurts very much. These 3 years have been tremendously stressful. Because of the amount of work I placed in their sites, an occasional thank you from the team has always been lacking, and I’ve been forced to act just on faith that it matters to them. As a human being, I feel I have no self-respect for myself if I help people that don’t show appreciation in return. I just want to be respected.9. Is there anything we can do to help you? What will you likely do?Allow me to find new goals. Don’t push me to keep the sites online. I have a strong relationship with the Ukraine athletes, including some male gymnasts I’ve met while there. I’ve visited them in person so we trust each other closely. I will place more effort into their websites. Since there’s not as much news to go there, It’ll free up more time for me to find new interests in life as well. The Russian sites always took most of my free time, because there is so much to do on them!10. It’s not a problem! Call the sites unofficial!A lot of the permission I have to use content is because of the official status. Other than that, I could call them unofficial, but like I originally said, my friends and family want me out completely. Also, don’t offer to take them over! You will be treated the same way that I was, and lose any friendship with the athletes and parents (if you have them already.)11. How to I complain to the Sports Gymnastics Federation about email@example.comTelephone: 7 (495) 637-06-42 Fax: 7 (495) 637-09-2212. What about all of the fake profiles of Aliya and Vika? They are embarrassing to her and she asked for help!I’m aware of the many imposters of Aliya and Vika on the internet! Aliya asked for help online to fans to close them down. In my last communication to Andrei, this is one major point I mentioned. I already learned from Facebook what is required, and Vkontakte was ready to take action. They required some action from Aliya herself as well so the plan was for me to help her with those steps, a process not lasting more than 10 minutes, then all of those fake profiles would be gone!But as explained above, Andrei’s ego forbids any success by me in supporting the athletes. As a result, those fake profiles hurting her reputation will remain online. Some profiles went as far as to criticize Russia and Mr. Putin! One on vkontakte is using slutty images (not of her, but claiming to be her). Others just draw attention away from credible sources of her, like my site, or her real profile.To Andrei, his ego is more important than Aliya’s well being. He already took the position that the athletes don’t want my help or care about my contributions. If I actually help her to remove those profiles that are stressing her out, then it contradicts his statement making him look wrong. Therefore, I’m afraid those fake profiles are online even to this day.13. Why did you take fanmail?!I was wrong. I was overconfident in myself and felt that I would have an opportunity to deliver them to at least someone that would pass them to Aliya and Vika. I regret I ever accepted the mail. I am sorry. I will however do everything I can to see they are delivered.
14. Are some of the sites on RussianGymnasts.net actually Official?Maria Paseka, Anna Dementyeva, and Anastasia Grishina’s sites are. Anastasia’s family felt it was best to endorse the site by the federation. They were honest with me so I have no objections and respect their decision, despite being hopeful that I would be able to put my version of Anastasia’s site online in the future.
14. You’ve made a lot of strong accusations against the Gymnastics Federation and their coaches. Care to back them up with evidence?The records are going to the Ministry of Sport. I don’t want to publish private messages online here. I wish to let the department handle it, investigate, and take appropriate action. The records contain direct statements from parents, coaches, and athletes proving the federation lied and engaged in fraud. It also has the letters from the Federation, which amount to the actual fraud.The evidence is strong. I don’t believe any reasonable person would reject them. However, I will promise this: If Andrei’s contract with the federation is renewed, I will then post the records here as a PDF file with a downloadable link.
15. Why have you been so committed to supporting the Russian athletes after everything that’s happened?Ever since watching Ksenia Semenova at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, I’ve decided I wanted to try something new and dedicate a website to her. I was tired of dealing with Hollywood actors, which I used to do. I admired Ksenia and learned more about gymnastics after she competed and wanted to construct a site that she would love and appreciate. I later expanded to her teammates. I love running websites for people that benefit from it. It gives me a sense of purpose and earns me respect with others. The websites have attracted much interest in Russian gymnastics.As for the rumors. yes, I am a bit obsessive in what I do. I have a disorder called Asbergers Syndrome that causes me to be more passionate (more than any average person) about website design for the Russian athletes. It’s a form of autism with an obsessive compulsive disorder. It’s been no secret.However, I look at it as a benefit. I am driven and passionate about maintaining the sites for them, and I feel proud by all I’ve done for all of the athletes. No other website has been updated as much as my sites, and no other sites has the same amount of volunteers to help me expand the presence of the websites across the internet.
16. Well, I should ask again! Are you sure you are giving up on the websites for the Russian gymnasts?Good point. Let’s just say it’s an indefinite suspension, and not giving up. If the following events occur, I will consider reestablishing my websites for the Russian team:
A. The Rodionenkos have to not be employed or affiliated with the Sports Gymnastics Federation.
B. Since members of the team essentially invited me to Round Lake, but didn’t honor this when I arrived, they must honor it. This will give me a chance to connect to them as people, and not only as an online contact, so we have better trust. I can work on a plan with the new head coach for all the sites.
C. My family feels that by never getting and thanks from Aliya, Tanya, Vika, and others on the team showing any appreciation for my work, that I’ve been used by them. Anyone would think the same. But with the Rodionenkos gone, I am sure this won’t be a problem. So in short.. I need to be appreciated!!!
For full and original story click here
"Alexandrov Spoils Aliya Mustafina" Russian Coaches.
Aliya Mustafina "Some people act dishonestly and unethically in a name of sport development".
Viktoria Komova's Post Olympic Training (Video).
Aliya Mustafina " The Bronze Is Gold To Me".
A fake twitter account causes damage to Aliya Mustafina.
Viktoria Komova Takes Her Words back&Khorkina Advises Her.